Student organizations in DTAP (Department of Architecture and Planning), initially only consisted of an organization, namely KMAP (Keluarga Mahasiswa Arsitektur dan Perencanaan). Because at that time there was only a study program namely Architecture and Planning.
KMAP Wismakharman is an abbreviation of the Keluarga Mahasiswa Arsitektur dan Perencanaan Wismakharman, Standing on May 2, 1963 a year after the architectural affairs stand at UGM. Using the name Wiswakharman who is the architect of Prambanan Temple. Now it has arrived in the 45th generation. The activities consist of:
Increased Faith and Faith through:
- Web Spirituality | Means for good students who are Muslim to know their religion.
- Routine Study | Compulsory study for KM members and students with outside speakers
- Easter | Easter celebration in collaboration with civil engineering
- Friday in Arsi | Means gather for Christian students – Catholic engineering at Architects
- AWTOW (A Week Touring the World) SKI | Book review, film screening, and bazaar
- Gradation | Commemorating the month of Ramadan with various Islamic activities
- Makrab SKK | In the framework of Christmas
Increasing intimacy among students:
- GALA Tournament | Sports matches between generations
- Middle of Nowhere | Midterm music appreciation
- Inauguration of New Students | Introduction of KM and BSO to new students
- Photography Exhibition | Exhibition of photography works
- Elections and Position Handover
Partnership with Department
- Routine Workshop | Meeting between the KM and the Department attended by lecturers
- High School and University Student Visits || Providing performers and taking tour tours.
- Free Tabloid | Student aspirations
- Release of Graduation Graduates
Quality Improvement of Student and Academic HR
- Maintenance Website KMAP | Update the website and open a question and answer forum and as a means of publishing KM activities
- Photo | Exhibition and Contest Competition and photo exhibition for campus residents
- Scholarship Seminar | Collaborate with the cultural centers of foreign countries
- Research and Research
- Photo and Digital Imaging Workshop
- Photography Training
Enhancing the relationship with other universities
- IMPI | National Congress of planning students throughout Indonesia
- IMPI Congress | Contribution of 3 KMAP members to the IMPI congress
- IMARTA | The sketch exhibition at Tarumanegara University is represented by one person
Introduction to the Department of Architecture and Planning
- HPTT (Technical Higher Education Day)
- Blood donors
- Web Design Contest
- Insoundnia Syndrome
- Kindergarten Level Pottery Coloring Competition
In addition to the above activities, KMAP also partnered with:
- Black and White Photography
- WFC | Wiswakharman Football Club
- WBC | Wiswakharman Basketball Club
- BMW | Wiswakharman Music Workshop
- SKI | Islamic Spiritual Section
- SKK | Catholic Christian Spiritual Section
Following are the activities that have been held by KMAP:
- Insoundnia Syndrome 1 and 2 | A music performance held every year in commemoration of KMAP wiswakharman’s birthday. It was held in 2004 and has been held twice. Invite several regional local bands.
- Exhibition Sketch Tembi | A sketch exhibition intended for campus residents to show the beauty of the sketch. Collaborating with the Tembi Art Institute. With the title of the exhibition ‘toempah tampoeng’which intends to be a place for spilling out the idea of sketching prospective architects at UGM.
- ‘GIS in Planning’ Workshop
- Wiswakharman Expo | The distribution of interests and talents from these students in the form of activities carried out by students on campus is accommodated by the Family of Wiswakharman Architecture and Planning Students (KMAP) as well as off campus which are carried out independently by each student.
- Architecture Work Lecture – Job Planning Course | Field lectures held every generation in semester 4 / Semester 5 are supported by the department and KMAP. This field course which contains real learning from the lectures that have been followed for 4 – 5 semesters. The goal is in cities in Indonesia with a specific theme. The cities that have been the destination of KKA and KKPadalah are Jakarta, Bali, Lombok, Surabaya and most recently penetrated Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
Until finally, in 2003, due to the different educational substances between architecture and planning, Regional and City Planning was formalized for regular S1 programs as new study programs that were truly independent.
In 2003-2008, the organization in Department of Architecture and Planning was still with its KMAP.
Until 2008, a debate emerged to form a new student organization, namely the separation between students of Architecture and Planning. There was a heated debate between pros and cons between students.
However, it was obtained the decision that KMAP was divided into two, namely the Family of Architecture Engineering Students (KMTA) and the Urban and Regional Planning Engineering Student Association.
In June 2009, two student organizations were officially opened in Department of Architecture and Planning, namely KMTA and HMTPWK. The two organizations to date are running according to their respective programs. Nevertheless, there are still activities carried out jointly between the two organizations, such as SKALA, (Semangat Kebersamaan Archiplan, or Spirit of Togetherness of Archiplan).